Volunteer with Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue
Volunteer Coordinator: Natalie Mackowick
Steps to becoming a volunteer with MN Pit Bull Rescue
1. Fill out the volunteer application. The Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to notify you that your application has been received and we are processing references.
2. Once references are complete, you will be asked to complete the online orientation.
3. When the online orientation has been completed, you will be asked to attend an event so you can meet our volunteers and dogs and so we can meet you.
4. After you attend an event, follow up with the Volunteer Coordinator along with your video home check.
5. Next, the Volunteer Agreement will be sent to you.
6. Once the Volunteer Agreement has been completed, you will be added to our private volunteer group on Facebook. This group is where you will find tasks that need to be completed or you can work off of the list below at your convenience. You MUST COMPLETE ONE TASK PER QUARTER in order to stay active in the volunteer group.
Please note* Facebook groups is our main form of communication with our volunteers.
-make a social media post highlighting and tagging the rescue or share one of our posts to your social media
-place a business card on a commercial business's bulletin board
-make a donation (goods from wish list; please do not donate goods not on the list without checking with a board member first)
-volunteer for a transport
-volunteer to make reference calls for an application
-foster, or volunteer to foster (temp or full-time)
-share a picture of yourself in MPBR merchandise, tag MPBR so we can share it
-do a fundraiser for your birthday, anniversary, etc. and tag MPBR in the post
-volunteer to assist with meet and greets or dog introduction opportunities
-volunteer to walk dogs in boarding (if we have any)
-volunteer to do dog nails for a foster dog
-volunteer to take photos of foster dogs for our website or other social media
-recruit a new foster or volunteer
-volunteer to be a point person at transport intake
-help create content for our social media posts (email email@example.com with your ideas and you'll work together)
-volunteer to help with socializing or training experiences for foster dogs, either dog-to-human focused or dog-to-dog focused (if you have a very stable, dog social dog)
-have a way to help out that we haven't listed, email us!