1. Read through all the tabs on ADOPTION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS page of our website.
Please read these BEFORE proceeding on to the application. These guidelines are as much for YOU, the adopter, as for the sake of the dogs and the rescue. After all, you want to know what you are getting into before making a life changing decision.
2. Check out our available dogs.
3. Fill out the adoption application.
4. You will hear back from the rescue within 48 hours M-F.
5. Through communication with a Case Manager, your possibilities for a good match will be determined and you will plan for either a meet-and-greet at one of our public events or a private meet-and-greet with the dog and foster family. After the meeting, if you wish to move forward, please email the case manager to continue the process.
-ALL members of the household need to be present for the first meet and greet.
-We accept 2-3 applications per dog. We will meet with all of the applicants. Adoption will be based on the best fit for the dog and adopter.
6. If all parties are on board, application processing will be finalized (references, vet check, any pre-adoption discussions on ownership issues or concerns).
7. You will sign up for a training class and send confirmation to your case manager. Contract, link for fee, etc will be emailed for you to complete.
8. Home check (if not completed prior) and drop off of your new 4 legged family member! (Occasionally at home check, it may determined that the dog is not a good match after all or more communication needs to take place before the dog can come home to stay; please be aware of this possibility.)
Time from application to adoption can vary depending on the dog and the applicant/s; sometimes it is mere days, other times there is more to consider and it can take weeks. Please be patient with our volunteers as they strive to make the best matches possible and we as a rescue do our due diligence to ensure best placement for our dogs.
Check out the Bringing My Dog Home tab for the suggested list of supplies for the home check/drop off.
The adoption agreement (required), parvo agreement (required), adoption fee (required), training (required), and joining our Facebook Adopter Group (not required) will all take place via email/online. All items need to be completed before the dog can stay at the adoptive home.